Come be part of a 6-8 member crew working on a number of projects on the Bridger-Teton National Forest this summer. As a crew member you will help complete a variety of manual tasks including restoration and maintenance of trails, new trail lay-out and construction, and the closure and rehab of old trails. The job requires teamwork, personal motivation, enthusiasm for new challenges, and an excitement to work outdoors! Learn about your ability, your passion, and your local trail network!
Youth Trail Crew is an official position with Friends of Pathways, a local non-profit that works closely with the Bridger-Teton National Forest to manage 130 miles of front-country trails on Snow King, Teton Pass, and Munger Mountain. To be considered for acceptance you must complete a written application and attend a personal interview. Youth Trail Crew will earn an hourly wage beginning at $11.00/hour.
- Be at least 14 and not more than 18 years of age by the job start date.
- Successfully complete the application and interview process.
- Be eager to work closely with the USFS Trail Crew on physically demanding projects on our public lands.
- Be able to commit to the full work schedule. Youth Trail Crew will work from June 19-August 17 on Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork skills.
- No previous work experience is necessary but a positive attitude is essential.
Youth Trail Crew members are expected to arrive on time for work prepared for the day. The normal work schedule will be Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. There are two 15-minute breaks and a 30-minute lunch break during the day. Members are also encouraged to come out for National Trails Day on June 3rd to get a preview of some of the that we will be working on for the beginning of the season.
You must have a reliable way of getting to work each day. We will meet at the Friends of Pathways office at 20 Simpson Ave. at 8:00am each morning. From there we will provide transportation to the work site each day and back by 4:30 each afternoon.
- Apply by 5pm on May 12.
- If all application materials are received within the deadline you will be invited to a personal interview. Interviews will take place May 15-19. Email notification of interview appointments will be sent the week prior.
- Candidates will be notified by May 22.
When completing your application, don’t forget to complete all pages of the application and submit to email@example.com by May 12.