Do you know a 15-18 year old who wants to spend the summer outside, working in the Bridger-Teton National Forest?
FOP is looking for motivated teens to be a part of our Youth Trail Crew program. Crew members will work on a variety of projects on the Bridger-Teton National Forest for nine weeks starting June 13th. This is a four day a week position (32 hours); crew members will earn $11/hr. and receive a stipend for work boots. As a crew member you will help complete a variety of manual tasks including restoration and maintenance of trails, new trail lay-out and construction, and the closure and rehab of old trails. Crew members will interact weekly with resource managers from the Bridger-Teton, and will also learn about many aspects of forest and natural resource management (wildlife, recreation, forestry, fire management). The job requires teamwork, personal motivation, enthusiasm for new challenges and an excitement to work outdoors! Applicants must complete a written application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 6, 2016 and attend a personal interview.
- Be at least 14 and not more than 18 years of age by the job start date.
- Successfully complete the application and interview process.
- Be eager to work closely with the USFS Trail Crew on physically demanding projects on our public lands.
- Be able to commit to the full work schedule. Youth Trail Crew will work from June 13-August 11 on Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork skills.
- No previous work experience is necessary but a positive attitude is essential.
Youth Trail Crew members are expected to arrive on time for work prepared for the day. The normal work schedule will be Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. There are two 15-minute breaks and a 30-minute lunch break during the day. The first day of work is an orientation and safety training day. Members are also encouraged to come out for National Trails Day on June 4th to get a preview of the Josie’s Ridge Project that we will be working on for the beginning of the season.
You must have a reliable way of getting to work each day. We will meet at the Jackson Ranger District located at 340 N. Cache St. in the Hoback Shop at 8:00am each morning. From there we will provide transportation to the work site each day and back by 4:30 each afternoon.
- Apply by 5pm on May 6, 2016.
- If all application materials are received within the deadline you will be invited to a personal interview. Interviews will take place May 9-13, 2016. Email notification of interview appointments will be sent the week prior.
- Candidates will be notified by May 20th.
When completing your application, don’t forget to complete all pages of the application and submit to email@example.com by May 6, 2016.