Come be part of an 8 member crew working on a number of projects on the Bridger-Teton National Forest this summer. As a crew member you will help complete a variety of manual tasks including restoration and maintenance of trails, new trail lay-out and construction, and the closure and rehab of old trails. The job requires teamwork, personal motivation, enthusiasm for new challenges, and an excitement to work outdoors! Learn about your ability, your passion, and your local trail network!
Youth Trail Crew is an official position with Friends of Pathways, a local non-profit that works closely with the Bridger-Teton National Forest to manage 130 miles of front-country trails on Snow King, Teton Pass, and Munger Mountain. To be considered for acceptance you must complete a written application and attend a personal interview. Youth Trail Crew will earn an hourly wage beginning at $13.00/hour.
- at least 15 and not more than 18 years of age by the job start date.
- Successfully complete the application and interview process.
- Be eager to work closely with the USFS Trail Crew on physically demanding projects on our public lands.
- Be able to commit to the full work schedule. Youth Trail Crew will work from June 17-August 15 on Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork skills.
- No previous work experience is necessary but a positive attitude is essential.
- Apply by 5pm on May 15th, 2019.
- If all application materials are received within the deadline you will be invited to a personal interview. Interviews will take place May 21-23, 2019. Email notification of interview appointments will be sent the week prior.
- Candidates will be notified by May 24th.
When completing your application, don’t forget to complete all pages of the application and submit to email@example.com by May 15th, 2019.