CELEBRATE BIKE TO WORK DAY WITH FRIENDS OF PATHWAYS JACKSON HOLE – TODAY, MAY 31 2016 :: Free coffee and goodies courtesy of Cowboy Coffee and Lucky’s Jackson Hole today meant that the worker bees were out biking to their business and warming up with a free hot drink during their morning commute. Both locations saw a good turnout of the commuter biker community in downtown JH (by Cowboy Coffee) as well as off of Highway 89 at the Plaza surrounding Luck’s. This year, the Teton County Library crew showed up as a ‘special guest’ of sorts to spread the love of two great things – bikes and books. Their snappy, convenient and crafty mobile book shelf can pack 300 lbs of books and will be out and about this summer.
The Bike to Work concept is a way-of-life for loads of people, not just a one-off day motivated by mochas. Posting up at both locales today reveals the growing culture of commuter cyclists in Jackson Hole. Now that the pathways connecting East and West Banks of Jackson are near-complete, the notion of ditching the car for transportation is suddenly increasingly tangible and dare we say, chic.
As Jackson Hole continues to embrace alternative modes of transportation, making it more habitual and possibly a norm, smart outfits – from book bikes to beautiful women peddling to work in ‘corporate’ Jackson Hole — will inevitably be making a more regular appearance. Stay tuned for how Friends of Pathways plans to celebrate the spirit of bike commuting by capturing the everyday beauty of the people of Jackson Hole doing something as regular as just biking to work.
As for the rest of this week, there’s lots of opportunities to scope out and join in everyday bike and alternative transportation life in Jackson Hole. Running May 30- June 2 Bike Week In Jackson Hole Includes:
- Bike to Work Day | Tuesday, May 31st 7:00 am – 10:00 am Cowboy Coffee & Lucky’s Market for free Coffee
- JUNE 1 | iWalk, iBike, iBus to School at all Jackson Schools
- June 2 | And Every Following thursday of June (-30th) PIMP MY RIDE from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm | Join the Art Association to restructure bike parts into objects to dress up your bike or useful objects for the home.
- National Trails Day | Saturday June 4th, 9 am – 1pm | Celebrate National Trials Day by helping to improve one of your favorite trail heads at Nelson Drive. Bagels, coffee, and lunch will be provided. Thank You Pearl Street Bagels & Smiths!
- Check back and thanks to our additional sponsors : Hoback Sports and Snake River Brewing